The position of Municipal Clerk is required by New Jersey law (N.J.S.A. 40A: 9-133).
The Clerk/Administrator is responsible for all Borough Council related matters such as recording minutes, processing applications and more. The Borough of Bradley Beach has combined the responsibilities of the Borough Clerk and Borough Administrator into one single position.
Kelly Barrett is responsible for the statutory duties of Borough Clerk and the daily administrative operations as Borough Administrator.
The Clerk-Administrator is responsible for all Borough Council related matters and his additional statutory duties include:
- Preparation of the introduction and publication of all Borough Ordinances.
- To provide official notification of all Borough Council meetings.
- To recording official minutes of all Borough Council meetings.
- To process all license applications including; vendor, taxi drivers, towing, liquor, and raffle.
- To serve as the election officer for all local, school board and special elections.
- To complete and execute contracts on behalf of the Borough of Bradley Beach.
- The handling of all personnel matters regarding Borough employees.
- The sending and receiving of official correspondence and communications for the Mayor and Borough Council.
The Administration Department is also responsible for issuing vital records (Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, Marriage Licenses).
Applications for a Marriage/Civil Union License are taken from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm (Lunch time 12 -1 pm)
BOROUGH CLERK/ADMINISTRATOR OFFICE DIRECTORY
Kelly Barrett, Municipal Clerk/Administrator, RMC, CMR
Phone 732 776-2983 - Email email@example.com
Erica Kostyz, Deputy Municipal Clerk, Deputy Registrar Vital Statstics
732-776-2999 ext 1026 - Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Michele Whille, CMR Deputy Registrar Vital Statistics
Phone 732 776-2999 ext 1029 - Email email@example.com