National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) how-tos

Bradley Beach and other towns had a visit from a representative of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) today, who provided helpful information from NFIP about how to document your losses due to flooding, file your claim, and work with the NFIP adjuster to get the claim resolved. If you have flood insurance through the NFIP (which you either bought through an insurance agent, or had “force-placed”, meaning your mortgagor bought it on your behalf and bills you for it), the information in the attached document may help guide you through the process of submitting your flood insurance claims.