BRADLEY BEACH POLICE DEPARTMENT
701 MAIN STREET
BRADLEY BEACH, NEW JERSEY 07720
REQUEST FOR PUBLIC RECORDS
(N.J.S.A. 47: I A-1 , et seq.)
LEONARD A. GUIDA
CHIEF OF POLICE
A request for Public Records must be submitted to the above address on an Open Public Records Act Request form available at 701 Main Street, Bradley Beach or under the forms center on the borough website. If your request is approved it will be available within seven business days pursuant to the statute. If a requested document is not a public record pursuant to the statute or if it cannot be provided within seven business days, you will be notified in writing. Fees for copying public records are set by statute as follows: A copy of a letter size (or smaller) government record is $0.05 and $0.07 per legal size. Electronic (email) record requests are free of charge. Any computer disc, CD-ROM, DVD, shall be the actual cost of duplication. Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 47:1 A05c., this office may impose a reasonable special service charge if the nature, format, manner of collation, or volume of a government record is such that it cannot be reproduced by ordinary document copying equipment, in ordinary business size or involves an extraordinary expenditure of time and effort to accommodate your request.
The terms "public record" and "government record" in New Jersey do not include:
- Criminal investigatory records
- Victim's records
- Inter-agency or intra-agency advisory, consultative, or deliberative material
- Emergency or security information or procedures for buildings or facilities
- Administrative or technical information regarding computer hardware, software and networks which, if disclosed, would jeopardize computer security
- Information regarding labor-management negotiations including statements of strategy or negotiating position
- Pension and personnel records in possession of this department.