The position of Municipal Clerk is required by New Jersey law (N.J.S.A. 40A: 9-133).
The Clerk is responsible for all Borough Council related matters and additional statutory duties including:
- Preparation of the introduction and adoption publications of all Borough Ordinances.
- To provide official notification of all Borough Council meetings.
- To recording official minutes of all Borough Council meetings.
- To process all license applications including; vendor, liquor, and raffle.
- To serve as the election officer for all local and special elections.
The Office of Clerk is also responsible for issuing vital records (Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, Marriage Licenses).
Applications for a Marriage/Civil Union License are taken from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.